There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Delgado Community College's Images: A Literary and Visual Arts Magazine seeks submissions from current Delgado students of original poetry, short fiction, and creative nonfiction as well as photos, paintings, and sketches. Submissions are open from now until Friday, May 15th, 2020.
- We accept poetry, short fiction, creative nonfiction, and hybrid texts.
- Please submit a .doc, .docx, .rtf. We do not accept PDFs because they do not retain line breaks well.
- Please submit in only one genre at a time.
- Please submit all text in one file. If you're submitting 4 poems at once, please place it all in one file.
- Please do not submit more than 5 poems at one time.
- Please do not submit more than 1 piece of short fiction or creative nonfiction at time.
- We accept photos, paintings, and sketches.
- Title your visual artwork and use that title as the filename.
- Each image should be sent as a high resolution (large, 300dpi or higher) JPEG file. It should be larger than 1MB.
- You can submit up to 5 files at a time.
2020 FICTION CONTEST
- All fiction submission made will be considered for a The Nason Smith Lit Prize, which includes publication & acknowledgement in Images 2020, a $100 award, 10 broadsides posted around campus, and 2 broadsides given to the winner. There is no entry fee.